Geoff Welsh wrote:
Trane Francks wrote:
On 8/1/13 2:18 PM +0900, Geoff Welsh wrote:

But since SM already makes an alert noise, when it gets mail, I can't
imagine what I would need it for. The intended user undoubtedly does
all sorts of things I've never heard of with their Mac.

I run Spaces with 6 desktops defined.

Yikes!  I tried Spaces when it first came out (OSX 10.5?) and always
forgot about the stuff I moved away.

I'm still loving WindowShadeX which allows you to minimize like Mac OS
8/9 did instead of "Docking" stuff.

I see from Phil Chee's post, however, that the Growl support dropping
was not an SM decision though.

Must be the FF guys?
GW

I absolutely love Spaces - it's the single biggest thing I miss in Windows - that, and Hot Corners...

And I'd use/choose WindowShadeX over Growl any day - even though I've gotten used to minimizing to the Dock.

--
     - Rufus