On 8/3/13 7:52 PM +0900, Daniel wrote:

Trane, have you tried using http://code.google.com/p/seamonkey-ppc/
SeaMonkey?? I know it specifically mentions working with G4/G5 Macs, but
might also work with your Growl!! (at least until the V 2 comes out!!)

Assuming that the PPC build is based on plain-Jane 2.19 source with minimal changes, it, too, will be missing the old Growl support and will have XUL notifications implemented. Not a bad idea and thanks for the thought, though. Unfortunately, there will be no Growl later than 1.2.2 for Snow Leopard. From Growl 1.3 onwards, minimum OS supported is Lion.

That said, despite the hangover ....

I downloaded Mitar's Growl New Message Notification 0.4.2 for Thunderbird from his git repository and have started the task of getting that extension working with SeaMonkey. As it's my first time doing anything with an extension beyond installing it, it's a slow go. I did manage to get the proper SeaMonkey declaration in the install.rdf file and changed the app specification from Thunderbird. The preferences dialog's Test now successfully talks to Growl. So, some small success.

I still haven't quite sussed out exactly what needs to be done to get it to trigger on new mail, though. :)

Cheers,

trane
--
// Trane Francks    tr...@gol.com    Tokyo, Japan