On 1/10/20 9:29 PM, DoctorBill wrote:
DoctorBill wrote:
Hartmut Figge wrote:
DoctorBill:
Hartmut Figge wrote:
Daniel:
Hartmut Figge wrote on 11/01/20 11:37:

Preference Name
       print.print_to_filename
Value
       /home/hafi/mozilla.pdf

Hartmut

Are you suggesting, Hartmut, that then, if DocBill were to Double-click on that value (/home/hafi/mozilla.pdf in your case), DocBill should be
able to send the file wherever he wanted .... say
C:\DocBill\Documents\TestResults.pdf ??

No. The goal was to determine filename and path of the file SM would be
printing to. Seeing the reply of Bill I have checked in in a new
profile. The pref is indeed not there.

It is created the first time the print dialog is opened.

A Ha !  Question - can I insert (edit) into the Config file what you
said should be there ?

i.e.  print_to_filename   blah   blah  blah   etc  in that Print_printer
blah blah area ?

Would that "program" into SM's config what I need ?

The only thing you need to do is to click on File > Print. :) that opens
the print dialog, creates the pref and allows you to choose filename and
path. Look at the replies of Walt.

I'm assuming here that in Win the print dialog is similar to Linux.

Hartmut

.
NO...it does not do that.  That is why I asked about it.
I described what it does when I posted this.
Nun Salva posted what I see.
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/win32/dlgbox/images/printdialogboxxp.png

My Bad ! Sorry !      It doesn't even look that good !
I did a screensave and put together what I see.
https://i.postimg.cc/W4k58sw3/Save-to-File-Problem.jpg
Hope this clears it up somewhat....

Well, for one I don't think you select a printer when you want to use Print to file.

I don't see the Microsoft Print to PDF selection in that drop down.

--
OS: Ubuntu Linux 18.04LTS - Gnome Desktop