WaltS48 wrote:
On 1/10/20 9:01 PM, Hartmut Figge wrote:
DoctorBill:
Hartmut Figge wrote:
Daniel:
Hartmut Figge wrote on 11/01/20 11:37:

Preference Name
       print.print_to_filename
Value
       /home/hafi/mozilla.pdf

Hartmut

Are you suggesting, Hartmut, that then, if DocBill were to Double-click
on that value (/home/hafi/mozilla.pdf in your case), DocBill should be
able to send the file wherever he wanted .... say
C:\DocBill\Documents\TestResults.pdf ??

No. The goal was to determine filename and path of the file SM would be
printing to. Seeing the reply of Bill I have checked in in a new
profile. The pref is indeed not there.

It is created the first time the print dialog is opened.

A Ha !  Question - can I insert (edit) into the Config file what you
said should be there ?

i.e.  print_to_filename   blah   blah  blah   etc  in that Print_printer
blah blah area ?

Would that "program" into SM's config what I need ?

The only thing you need to do is to click on File > Print. :) that opens
the print dialog, creates the pref and allows you to choose filename and
path. Look at the replies of Walt.

I'm assuming here that in Win the print dialog is similar to Linux.

Hartmut

Not really.

I replied to another post with step by step instructions on how it works for me using SeaMonkey on Windows 10, with the suggestion to select "Microsoft Print to PDF" which should automatically add the .pdf file type. All he has to do is type a file name into the "File name:" field.

.
Right now I am on win 7 machine.
I'll note this down for my win 10 machine.
Thanks.

Note I am going to Post a finding from the TOP post - I found a solution !

DoctorBill