I believe my previous message on this topic
(http://www.mail-archive.com/support@pfsense.com/msg21912.html) may have been a
victim of tl;dr.  So, in hope of better success, I will restate my problem in a
more positive light:

Has anyone managed to get IPsec for mobile clients working with pfSense 2.0 and
Mac OS X 10.6?  If so, which client are you using on the Mac OS X side?  Is
anything special needed on the pfSense side?

I have tried both the built-in Cisco IPSec client and also IPSecuritas on Mac
OS X, with mixed results.  Usually the IPsec VPN will only work via NAT-T.  For
the non-NAT-T case, the VPN doesn't appear to be able to route traffic, and
just keeps accumulating SAD entries and losing SPD entries on the pfSense side.

I haven't tried L2TP---can anyone report success using the built-in L2TP client
in Mac OS X 10.5 onwards?

(I have tried updating my pfSense installation via the 2.0 nightly builds, but
to no avail.  It still doesn't work.)

Any help is gratefully appreciated.

Cheers,

Paul.