On Apr 11, 2011, at 4:07 PM, RB wrote:

> I'm actually pretty interested in the fact that on the surface it
> looks like 2.0 can support the OS X 10.6 native Cisco VPN client out
> of the box.  Has anyone had any success doing so?  OpenVPN and
> Viscosity/Tunnelblick are nice, but not having to pay $9/client and
> not installing additional software is even more so.

The latter aspect is what motivates me to try and get IPsec working fully. :-)

I have had some success with the built-in Cisco IPSec client, with problems
documented here: http://www.mail-archive.com/support@pfsense.com/msg21912.html.
 I am using Mutual PSK + Xauth with AES-256 and SHA-1 in my Phase 1 proposal.
I have two Phase 2 entries: one for each private network behind the pfSense
gateway.  In the mode-cfg section of the Mobile Clients section I provide a
private DNS default domain and DNS server to clients.  This split DNS appears
to work well.  I've been able to connect from Mac OS X 10.6 systems and
iPhones/iPod Touches.

Unfortunately, the setup only appears to work properly when clients are
connecting from behind a NAT (i.e., when IPsec NAT-T is being used).  I'm new
to pfSense, so I'm not sure whether the problem lies with my configuration or
with the Mac OS X client side. :-(

> Going to try testing this week.

I'd be very interested in hearing if you manage to get non NAT-T connections
working.

Cheers,

Paul.