On Wed, Jul 27, 2011 at 01:19:50PM -0400, Marc Lavallée wrote:

> In your earlier post you mentioned that you can't explain why you like
> virtual speakers better than using real speakers. Can you describe some
> perceived differences? For example, how are rendered mono signals; are
> they right in the middle or smeared between the two virtual speakers?
> In other words, is localization better when using virtual speakers?

This is very subjective, but yes, I have the impression it is better.
Also the speakers tend to disappear as being the sources of the sound
and there is less interaction from the room - the sensation that the
sound is 'just there' is stronger than for straight stereo.  But again,
this is quite subjective and may be particular for my setup.

If you have the required hardware I'd say: just try it !

Ciao,

--
FA