Speaker wiring really is a hot topic on all audio related forums.
Next time I'll use the term "speaker wire" instead of "lamp cord". :-)

For a small and inefficient Kef satellite speaker (3" with a
tiny coaxial tweeter and internal crossover circuit), unable to
reproduce frequencies lower that 120Hz, driven by a dirt cheap 10W
class-T amp, for listening at a maximum distance of 2.5 meters, I doubt
that using short lamp cords will be my worst problem; sleeping well,
for example, is a better investment to improve my listening
experience than getting better cables or amplified speakers. For lower
frequencies I use small subs with integrated amps; I have no idea if
Kef used some negative impedance trick in their cheapest sub.