Is 5.1 better than any 2 channel can be? Surely a matter of taste and experience. Certainly I have not heard all stereo and 5.1 recordings ever made and, so far, no G-format material. My point is from my home user perspective that superstereo and UHJ decoding is pretty easy these days to include in decoders at minimal cost and very little brain-ache for users. It's just a shame that superstereo decoders are in expensive boxes.

In any case, superstereo was designed to give a better presentation of stereo than a plain old stereo decode, which I think it does very well as long as one does not try to widen the image noticeably beyond the front speakers. So including superstereo as an option in surround decoders seems a no-brainer.

Steve