Actually, dissenting voices apart, I can see how one might want some items in a
sound field to be localisable, and some not. If this is actually what is wanted
here - and taking into account one might want a particular component to be
'everywhere and nowhere' - but not inside the head - then a decorrelated
version of the mono version of the desired unlocalisable-but-externalised
signal could be generated and fed to the array (so basically, it's decorrelated
in each speaker feeds with respect to all others) - so no precedence or phantom
imaging.

when the rest of the field is rotated - although this is too, it still won't be
localisable and the impression should be that it doesn't particularly move.

The perceptual impression ought to be that this is underlying incidental music
(like film music) not part of the actual scene depicted. - We are well versed
in listening to that.

For decorrelation methods, the same methods as in Earl Vickers' "fixing the
phantom center: diffusing acoustical crosstalk" might be efficacious

cheers
ppl
Dr. Peter Lennox
Senior Fellow of the Higher Education Academy
Senior Lecturer in Perception
College of Arts
University of Derby

Tel: 01332 593155