Jörn Nettingsmeier wrote:

On 03/26/2016 05:22 PM, Albert Leusink wrote:

Jörn Nettingsmeier <nettings@...> writes:

i don't see why you would want to do that. the effect will be quite
strange... why would any part of the sound mix stay constant wrt head
position?
the effect would be a bit like rotating the music bed in the cinema
every time the camera pans - funny, but certainly irritating.

It would be for off-camera audio (voice over, music etc.) that don't have
any relation to the camera position/rotation.

I still don't think that makes sense. Certainly it will be detrimental to the proper externalisation of the VR content.

Let's look back:

Let's say I have a stereo music bed in a spherical video that needs to stay
in position, while the other elements (dialog, sfx etc.) respond to rotation.

Imagine some background music in a computer/VR game.

This does not have to come from "somewhere". So the concept of some stereo bed in viewing direction can be discussed, at least.

It's early days in VR. A simple test could deliver some needed feedback.

Certainly it will be detrimental to the proper externalisation of the VR content.

Or maybe not? The stereo bed or object is not related to the VR scene, nor is this really about "superposition of different spaces."

Best,

Stefan