but not to be crude but ;)  some people get really anal about these things
- so in pre defense of such anality - stereo amplitude panning allows you
to pan between two speakers - theoretically you could have a kind of
amplitude panning that allows you to pan between the nearest two speakers
on the surface of a sphere - but amplitude panning allows you to pan
between the nearest three - so you can have sound son three speakers at a
time (if I remember correctly) or ou could have a kind of amplitude panning
that allows you to pan on more than 3 or Dbap - but yes its all just
amplitude panning - nice simple and works .