aye - and that would kind of defeat the advantage of it - Ill stick to
passive for now - Ive always found active speakers a bit of a pain for
larger site specific stuff because you have to run power to  them as well
as audio.
These look like they might be OK for some stuff :

https://www.immersivedsp.com/products/spk-4p

but Im a bit unsure as to what exactly they can do - can you daisy chain
them (as discrete channels) or would you have to run a seperate ethernet
cable to each one  ?

On 29 June 2017 at 17:04, Dave Hunt <davehuntau...@btinternet.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I think that you'll find that an active speaker with an AVB input will
> require more current than can be supplied over an ethernet cable. Perhaps
> for very small speakers with a low power digital amplifier, but anything
> decent would require mains (or DC batteries) to the speaker.
>
> The available current may power the DAC though.
>
> Ciao,
>
> Dave
>
> From: Augustine Leudar <augustineleu...@gmail.com>
>> Date: 28 June 2017 22:06:52 BDT
>> To: Surround Sound discussion group <sursound@music.vt.edu>
>> Subject: Re: [Sursound] Multichannel players for permanent installations
>>

>> Hi Richard -
>> There is lots of things that pan all around the room but the soundscape is
>> designed in pre production for this installation and then its just a
>> multichannel file (or seperate mono ones). Other installations I do are
>> interactive and so sounds are processed and panned in realtime around the
>> space depending on the sensors used etc. Certainly the AVB thing might be
>> good for some less inhospitable environments- I especially like the way
>> power can be taken to the the speakers via the ethernet cable.....

Augustine Leudar
Artistic Director Magik Door LTD
Company Number : NI635217
Registered 63 Ballycoan rd,