The limit is actually more like 13W per device, according to:
https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alimentation_%C3%A9lectrique_par_c%C3%A2ble_Ethernet
A Raspberry Pi and a DAC would use 5 to 6W, leaving 7-8W to a D-amp.
With efficient loudspeakers (and a few of them), 6W could enough
for a small public installation.

A hackish alternative would be to use only 2 pairs of a CAT5 cable
for a 100BT link (which is enough to stream audio), and use the 2 other
pairs to transmit power (as much as required).

Running speaker wires is also a valid solution...

--
Marc