I can do the 4 measurements with 45 degrees rotation of my tetramic, that

is not so difficult,  the next step to create a second order ambisonic RIR

that is where I will fail :-).

I believe you might need a quite high precision to be successful even at the first step...

(A SF mike has narrowly spaced capsules, and needs calibration....The mechanical precision you need to measure 2nd order with a FOA mike is IMHO high.)

So the mathematical methods (based on FOA but improving the RIR resolution, as suggested by Archontis) should be a better way to go on... Especially since you could receive even higher resolutions/orders, and in practice.

So the presented ideas to capture 2nd order RIRs via a 1st order mike are brilliant, but are they practical?

And even if somebody could succeed in a very careful process: this does not look to be a robust measurement method. ..

We always talk about the 1st reflections, in this case. Not reverb, which is kind of statistical.

Of course you can try, but how much precision is rally needed? (Should be clarified before...)

Stefan

Citando Bo-Erik Sandholm <bosses...@gmail.com>:

I can do the 4 measurements with 45 degrees rotation of my tetramic, that

 is not so difficult,  the next step to create a second order ambisonic RIR

 that is where I will fail :-).

 I will need a more detailed step by step instruction to reach my goal :-).

 Bo-Erik

 Stockholm