On Thursday, 21 September 2006 05:38, Benjamin A. Okopnik wrote:

> > This is an Intel-based design, so generally it should be supported, but the
> > relevant patches may have not reached the mainline yet.
> >
> > Please try a newer kernel, like 2.6.18 or even a recent -mm.
>
> Got it compiled and running now; no change, I'm afraid.
>
> > BTW, does swsusp work on it?
>
> For a certain value of 'work', I suppose. :\ I've actually managed -
> once - to get it to suspend to disk and return to the console; I haven't
> been able to repeat the trick since then. I killed the X session I was
> in, unloaded all the modules that I could with
>
> for n in `lsmod|awk '/^[^M]/{print $1}'`; do sudo modprobe -r $n; done
>
> and issued an
>
> echo disk|/sys/power/state. When I hit the power button, everything came
> back on, and I was able to do 'ls', etc., and even started and ran X.
> However, this has not proven repeatable.

Hm, as far as swsusp is concerned, you may need the console to be disabled
when the device drivers are frozen, but the code for that in only in -mm now
(should be in 2.6.19 when it's out).  Also please make sure CONFIG_HIGHMEM64G
is not set in your kernel config.

Anyway, first we need to make it suspend and resume with init=/bin/bash.

Greetings,
Rafael

--
You never change things by fighting the existing reality.
                R. Buckminster Fuller