Benjamin A. Okopnik wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 21, 2006 at 01:11:14AM +0200, Carl-Daniel Hailfinger wrote:
> > Benjamin A. Okopnik wrote:
> > >
> > > [EMAIL PROTECTED]:~$ lspci|grep VGA
> > > 01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: ATI Technologies Inc RV350
> [Mobility Radeon 9600 M10]
> >
> > Ahem. I have the same card. At least somewhat.
>
> Excellent!
>
> > Is your machine
> > by chance a Samsung P35 laptop?
>
> No, it's an Acer Aspire 2010.
>
> > If so, use radeonfb. I added
> > Suspend-to-RAM support into it around Linux 2.6.16.
>
> I'm afraid that I don't know much about framebuffer-related drivers.
> Wouldn't this conflict with 'radeon' and interfere with DRI support in
> X? (I'm rebuilding the kernel as I'm writing this, so I suppose I'll
> find out soon, but any advice on using this while still keeping my
> current capabilities - I really need to keep Direct Rendering working.)

I'm using Direct Rendering in Xorg 6.9 (radeon/r300 driver) and it works
perfectly together with radeonfb (despite claims from Xorg developers that it
can't work reliably). So far, I have performed approximately 970 suspend/resume
cycles without any problem.
Radeonfb WILL conflict with the binary-only fglrx driver, but no one is using
that anyway.

Regards,
Carl-Daniel