On Thu, Sep 21, 2006 at 01:11:14AM +0200, Carl-Daniel Hailfinger wrote:
> Benjamin A. Okopnik wrote:
> > On Wed, Sep 20, 2006 at 07:56:52PM +0200, Stefan Seyfried wrote:
> >> What video card does this machine have?
> >
> > [EMAIL PROTECTED]:~$ lspci|grep VGA
> > 01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: ATI Technologies Inc RV350 [Mobility
> > Radeon 9600 M10]
>
> Ahem. I have the same card. At least somewhat. Is your machine
> by chance a Samsung P35 laptop? If so, use radeonfb. I added
> Suspend-to-RAM support into it around Linux 2.6.16.

Having recompiled the 2.16.18 kernel to include 'radeonfb' and after
rerunning 'lilo' with 'vga=0' in "/etc/lilo.conf", I've tested several
variations of what happens when booting with 'init=/bin/bash". The
result: pretty much any combination of options results in a lock-up -
some are *really* hard (require using the power switch to break out),
while most will actually respond to Alt-Ctrl-Del (although not to any
other keystrokes.)

Again, if you have any configuration suggestions or specific advice on
using this module with 's2ram', I'd appreciate them.

Regards,
* Ben Okopnik * Editor-in-Chief, Linux Gazette * http://LinuxGazette.NET *