On Tuesday, 17 October 2006 17:26, Carl-Daniel Hailfinger wrote:
> Stefan Seyfried wrote:
> > For reference, this is the diff of this function (with the above patch)
> > against a 2.6.13 (the last one i found around here that had this working,
> > the
> > kernel of suse 10.0, after that it disappeared before 2.6.16):
> >
> > #  static int prepare_processes(void)
> > #  {
> > #         int error;
> > #
> > #         pm_prepare_console();
> > # -
> > # -       sys_sync();
> > # -
> > #         disable_nonboot_cpus();
> > #
> > #         if (freeze_processes()) {
>
> Why exacly was sys_sync removed from prepare_processes?

Because it was moved to freeze_processes().

> My last power failure during suspend-to-disk caused a journal replay
> which took a few minutes on reboot.

AFAICT, sys_sync doesn't prevent journal replies from happening on failure.
It only causes data to be written to the storage, metadata are different story.

Greetings,
Rafael

--
You never change things by fighting the existing reality.
                R. Buckminster Fuller