On Tuesday, 17 October 2006 22:00, Carl-Daniel Hailfinger wrote:
> Rafael J. Wysocki wrote:
> > On Tuesday, 17 October 2006 17:26, Carl-Daniel Hailfinger wrote:
> >> Why exacly was sys_sync removed from prepare_processes?
> >
> > Because it was moved to freeze_processes().
> >
> >> My last power failure during suspend-to-disk caused a journal replay
> >> which took a few minutes on reboot.
> >
> > AFAICT, sys_sync doesn't prevent journal replies from happening on failure.
> > It only causes data to be written to the storage, metadata are different
> > story.
>
> Ah, didn't know that. Is there any generic metadata sync call which
> could be called on suspend?

Well, in principle we can call freeze_bdev() for each mounted filesystem
during the suspend, but first Pavel is against it and second thaw_bdev()
misbehaves in our error paths (I've got scheduling while atomic messages
out of it for several times).

Greetings,
Rafael

--
You never change things by fighting the existing reality.
                R. Buckminster Fuller