From: David Reid [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, May 22, 2001 6:05 PM
To: biofuel@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [biofuel] Climate Change Debate at the Oxford Union

Chuck,
           On further thoughts maybe the sheep idea is correct. Sheep didnt
arrive in NZ until about 150 years  ago and there definitely was no hole
there or someone would have mentioned it. Perhaps we have got a lot of these
lonely Scotsmen who obviously brought these animals as companions to blame.
On second thoughts the number of sheep here has dropped
from a high of 66 million or whatever it was in the early 70s to under 50
million today while the hole in the ozone has kept increasing so maybe these
sheep arnt to blame after all. Without informed debate there is no problem
as far as most people are concerned and no solutions can be arrived at or
present themselves. At this stage to the outside world it appears America is
not listening. You certainly cant have informed debate when the biggest and
strongest participant pursues the path of might is right and I am going to
do what I damn well want to do anyway.
Yep Bush is the man for the job any day. His father proved that and a chip
off the old block should do just as well.
B.r.,  David