>Atmospheric ozone over Antarctica was not measured prior to 68 (or 58. They
>say your memory is the second thing to go)Gordon Dobson set up the
>monitoring station at McMurdo. Note that atmospheric ozone is measured in
>Dobsons.
>It is believed the hole is an annual phenomena and has always been there
>unless you are a UN scientist and are arguing for the cessation of private
>property rights and we all must join to overcome problems that transcend
>boundaries.
>
>That is why these phenomena are called "political science" as they are more
>political than science.
>
>Kirk

But I don't think the peasants of southern Chile get into a lot of
sunbathing these days. There are reports their skin cancer rates are
way up. Could be more to it, or less - I need more info on it, got to
do some digging.

I thought the British guys only discovered the Antarctic hole in the
mid-late 80s. Are you sure there was a hole in 68?

Best

Keith Addison
Journey to Forever
Handmade Projects