From: motie_d [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Saturday, 09 February, 2002 10:11 AM
To: biofuel@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [biofuel] Re: ethanol distillation

--- In [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> there are turbo yeasts available that will withstand
> 20%+. with sufficent vacuum you can boil water at
> room temp. i would question whether the yeast's ability
> to propagate (and therefore produce ethanol)would
> be affected by a low vacuum.i think that you are
> pursuing an interesting avenue of research. i will try
> to dig up some info on boiling ethanol at different
> vacuums.
>           regards, roger ([EMAIL PROTECTED])

I thoroughly appreciate the effort, Roger. While I am looking to
evaporate the Ethanol at 125F, even better would be if I could do it
at 100F.
 I started work on a different integrated systems process several
years ago, and it was up in the air with various people trying to
tell me it couldn't be done. None could tell me WHY it couldn't be
done. I found a solution to every reason anyone could come up with.
The Engineering for a commercial plant is in process now, as
budgetary constraints abound. Financing is VERY scarce for a concept
project. It will be at least 3 years before it is operational.

I want to do some small scale work on this concept of using vacuum to
somewhat refine the process of fermentation. If someone has insight
into WHY it won't work, I'll attempt to resolve the problem before
spending money on it. The real proof will be when I can drive down
the road burning Ethanol produced this way. The first prototype is
liable to look like something from "Junkyard Wars" on TV.
I haven't made any effort to determine the marketability of this
idea, and have no plans to do so in the future. To the best of my
knowledge, this will NOT be a patentable concept. If it is, I have
just made public the basis, and precluded someone else trying to do
so. Consider this my legal disclaimer to all.

Motie

Monitoring Service trial
http://us.click.yahoo.com/ACHqaB/bQ8CAA/ySSFAA/FGYolB/TM