>And I last week got to experience (for the tenth time or something,)
>watching Dave Williamson the manager of the biodiesel-fueled Berkeley
>recycling truck fleet, give an interview to a reporter where he tried to
>get the reporter to drink some biodiesel. I swear!
>Mark

LOL!

Was Dave willing to drink some himself first? Martin Steele (UK) told
me he drank some, on TV I think (Martin's a tireless BD promoter). No
problem other than a short-lived dose of the runs the next day (all
that superior lubrication!). Drinking a glass of food-grade cooking
oil SVO would probably do the same. Drnking a bit of biodiesel should
be okay, as long as it's well washed.

I guess this picture is the main culprit:
http://journeytoforever.org/biodiesel_hk.html#bd-drink

I thought I'd killed a reporter once after he'd taken a sniff at some
biodiesel and liked it and then took a huge sniff at the petro-diesel
for comparison. Interesting sort of coughing-fit he went into, still
wheezing and complaining half an hour later. It didn't do the story
any harm at all though, and he lived, he just wrote me a friendly
letter in fact.

>At 07:56 PM 1/7/2003 -0800, you wrote:
> >Keith writes:
> >

> > >As for postings on food, the two subjects aren't really separable, on
> > >several different counts.
> >

> >For example, I have so many different types of oil (SVO and WVO)
> >in my garage right now, I have to taste 'em to tell 'em apart --
> >hmmmm, is this coconut, olive, sesame, corn, (all yummmm), or
> >is it the stuff from the fish place? (yukkk). And if I happen to need
> >some dressing for my salad, which one should I use?     :-)     -K

:-)

C'mon, Ken, you LIKE tasting them (except the stuff from the fish
place), or you'd've labelled them, wouldn't you? I can sympathise, at
least for the stuff you grew and cold-pressed yourself, very yumm
indeed.