Neoteric Biofuels Inc wrote:

> Alan:
>
> What is it you are trying to find out about the pump? I forget.

It's developed a leak at the advancer.  I was trying to find out whether
or not this would require a full overhaul to fix, or just the
replacement of a seal.  And whether it could be done on the vehicle or
on the bench.

Well, after giving up on Bosch I went googling, and here's what I found:
http://www.cs.rochester.edu/u/jag/vw/engine/fi/

Lots of good reading there.  There's an article on the design and
functioning of the VE type pumps that shows just what a simple and
elegant design they are.

Aparently for the Bosch VE pumps a leak on the advancer is a pretty
common failure and an easy fix, but it does require the removal of the
pump from the vehicle.

Time to consult a professional.

AP

To visit your group on the web, go to: