Hi,

I vaguely recall reading that a lot of the nutrients for the Amazon are carried
by wind from the Sahara. Although a lot of the desert is 'just' sand, most of
it has plenty of soil. If given a bit of water it blooms. It is amazing what
all pops up once there is a bit of rain.

I think we basically agree on the best way to grow food, etc. But, I don't
think Brian's suggestion of investing in desert land and adapting it to future
energy production is without merit either. Certainly I don't think it should be
discounted out of hand as a worthless idea.

Regards,

Derek