I agree on everything but I don't see the US entering sustainability easily
or willingly, especially from those on top reaping most of the profits.  The
high speed economy is their life blood and most importantly the
government's! The US is keeping energy low cost for this very reason. The
oil is going to have to run out and the prices to run up before major
sustainable progress is to be made, I'm afraid. Of course it will have a
large cost in lives and standard of living.

I do have a small issue with the "share of world resources" facts. Those
societies that have the most population are breeding out of control. They
are starving, can't feed themselves but have enough energy to continue to
make babies. You can't blame this on ignorance because hunger cannot be
ignored. Therefore, these breeders can trump everyone else because they have
the most people! Knowing this, these facts just do not make me feel guilty.
The blame has to be shared.

Lillie

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511