Brian,

I think that you brought it on topic, since the pharmaceutical
industry and the petroleum industry have a lot in common. LOL

A healthy life style, is beneficial, not only for the individual in question,
but also for the society. You are right, the Americans are bit more
hypochondriac than others. It is also a nation that have a very
difficult relationship with life and death. I come from a family of,
physicians and it is amazing how many of them who
really wanted to be an engineer, it seems to be many doctors
dream. -:)

I had a large advantage and benefit from my background, which helped
me a lot with connecting engineering knowledge with learning more than
average of how the body works. I think that I am one of the few acoustical
engineers, who had the opportunity to participate in dissections of the
ear. In energy transmission and comfort in buildings, I seem to connect
much more to how the body work, than the average HVAC engineer, which
is not a major task anyway.

Look at our site,

http://energysavingnow.com/

The medical achievements  during the last century are fantastic, if you
only give it a short thought. At the same time, it is very much to do in
the field of prevention, one of my fathers responsibilities, as being in
charge
of the health care in a major  Swedish city.

It is very interesting and I said most of what I wanted to say on this issues,
in a very interesting list discussion around a year ago. I am not good in
finding these things, but I know that Keith have both a genuine interest and
knowledge in this too.

Hakan