What you say has validity,could go either way. But since this is all hypothetical in that we're not talking about a certain individual,we're both speculating. Many individuals wash out of the military at some point due to drugs or some type of mental instability (not percentage wise,but many). Some join the military because of the $$$ or to further their nefarious ways. I've been in the navy and marine corps and have seen all types. As you imply,there are those who would make it in or out. Enlistment is not a prequalifier of an upstanding individual however.
                                Regards,
                                Terry