> Do you know if it has the same box drawing? I'm willing to collect all
> "Luis Royo" boxes.

No, the original drawing for Lorna was done by Alfonso Aspiri (he did covers
for the early Dinamic games, such as Camelot Warriors, Westbank and Abu
Simbel Profanation.  He also did titles for Topo such as Metropolis (man did
that game bite... and I was looking forward to it so much), Desperado and
Silent Shadow).  Aspiri had a very angular style to him, very recognizable.
I'm not sure what he's done outside of game covers, I'm sure on the
peninsula you'll find a lot of stuff.

> Cozumel was a text adventure with static graphics, wasn't it? I remember
> reading that it was really good.

Yes, Cozumel and it's sequels (I think there were two) were great text
adventures with graphics.  If you can, play the Amiga versions, since they
had some wonderful images.

> Remembering the box of Jabato, I'd say you're right again, but I don't
> remember the boxes for the others. I would dig my old "Micro Mania" mags,
> but I threw most of them away...

I used to read MicroMania as well, when I lived in Argentina.... great mag.
You can go to Computer Emuzone (http://emuzone.metropoli2000.net/) they have
all the Spanish games listed (guy who runs it is a friend of mine).  How big
was the Spanish market in Portugal back then?  I'm curious, because I never
could figure out how widespread those games were in Europe (I knew that they
were basically unknown in the States).

> The spanish market in the 80s was absolutely fantastic. Just a pity they
> didn't make any RPGs. But the "slightly graphical" version of the Original
> Adventure, and Cozumel, and some of the arcade games that you mentioned
> were really good.

The old text games they used to make were very impressive and humorous at
the time (with Don Quijote and Guerra de las Vajillas (Silverware Wars, a
Star Wars parody) being two of the biggest).  I did read an article back in
the late 80's very early 90's that Micro Mania did about Ultima games and
RPG's in general, and how they were never being translated into Spanish.  It
seems from the article (I kept many of the old articles and reviews from
those days, but didn't think to put  on them what month they were released
in... doh!) that D&D was never even translated, so if you wanted to get into
roleplaying you had to be able to read the english manuals and that can be a
problem even for native speakers (who hasn't had hour long fights over what
a rule means?)  :)
So, this explains why they never had rpg's unfortunately and also never
reviewed them in the mag.... first game I remember them reviewing, even
though it wasn't really an rpg was Heroes of the Lance.

Karl Kuras
http://www.trantornator.com