> I've just seen the Game Over 2 box, it's definitely a Royo. But it was
> stated that it was originally to be known as Phantis... so this game had
3
> names?

>Sorry, my goof on this one... it was called Phantis originally.  Lorna was
>game by Topo based on a comic book.  Really great graphics (gameplay was a
>little lacking).

And do you remember if Phantis and Game Over 2 had the same Royo drawing on
the box?

[snip]
> That's not quite true. I have the board version of Hero Quest and it's
> fully in spanish, bought in the early 90s. I got it in Spain and they had
> heaps of translated D&D books available too

>But this didn't happen till the early 90's and by then the spanish
software
>market was on the way out, with Opera closing down, as well as Made In
>Spain.  Dinamic almost completely stopped making games after Arctic Moves
>and I haven't heard what happened to Topo after they released Voyage to
the
>Center of the Earth (great game).

I think some companies survived afterwards, but most making
translation&repackaging of foreign games/manuals (Erbe, for example)

> Not quite true either, AFAIK :). Micromania was a bit Spectrum oriented,
> and the Spectrum rarely had a RPG. But when the Amiga/ST/PC started to
take
> the market (early 80s?), most RPGs released were reviewed by Fernando
> "Ferhergon" Herrera, who had a special column, usually one or two pages
> wide, called "Maniacos del Calabozo" (Maniacs of the Dungeon). Although I
> threw away all the mags, I kept all the MdC columns.

>I remember that column, it gave me my intro to rpgs (we didn't have them
in
>Argentina).  Spain was to my knowledge a little behind the rest of Europe
in
>upgrading out of the 8-bit generation.  MicroMania didn't start reviewing
>Amiga games till about 90 or 91 did they?

I think they started reviewing them before of that, although the Spectrum
still had the strongest hold here in the Peninsula. I was trying to
remember some specific Amiga/ST pre-90s titles reviewed in Micromania...
Blood Money? Dragon Breed? Bubble Ghost?

And about "Cozumel"'s follow-ups, wasn't one of them called "Chichen Itza"?
I remembered by going through that friend of your's site. It's a pity he
doesn't have a sorting option by type or company.

>Karl Kuras
>http://www.trantornator.com

Pedro R. Quaresma
[EMAIL PROTECTED] / [EMAIL PROTECTED]