Jim Leonard schrieb:

> I wouldn't call that 3D -- it's interactive fiction with graphics drawn in a
> 3D perspective.  To contrast, the "Quest" games let you move something "in
> front of" or "behind" another on-screen object, so that qualifies more as 3D
> than Mystery House.

I remember that back in those days there were just two distinctions for
adventure games: text adventures and graphical adventures. The first, of
course, the likes of Zork, etc., the latter anything that came with
graphics, like Magnetic Scrolls, Telarium/Trillium and so on. I'd put
Mystery House in the second category.

The earliest games I can remember that today would fit the description
of a 3D adventure because of their gameplay and use of 3D graphics in
the current definition of the term are Mercenary from Novagen and Cholo
from Firebird.

Was there ever a special subcategory named to classify the later Sierra
and Lucasfilm adventures?

Marco