On Monday, February 10, 2003, at 11:30  PM, Hugh Falk wrote:

The earliest copyright I have for a Scott Adam's Adventureland is 1980.
Unless someone knows of an earlier one, that's definitely not the first.
I'm guessing there is an earlier version out there.
My December 1980 issue of Byte has Scott Adams stating that the copyright on Pirate Adventure is 1978. Adventureland should be the same vintage. Adams states he wrote the game on a TRS-80 Level II and that it took him six months to write it. So that would place the game in 1978.

Do you know what year Rocket Pilot was copyrighted?
July 1977 according to this link <http://www.geocities.com/robertjamesbishop/softlist.html>.

TRS-80 was released in August 1977
PET 2001 and Apple II were also released in 1977 (unsure of the months)
July 1977.

--

Edward Franks