You haven’t even provided the whole DefineEditText tag so I’ve no idea
really, but are you sure that the text box isn’t just too narrow to contain
its contents?

There’s no particularly good reason why swfmill should remove two
characters from the middle of a string, but given the state of some of the
code I wouldn’t entirely rule out the possibility of a particularly crazy
bug.

Dan.