No worries, these things happen ;). Dan.
On 15 June 2012 20:18, Rahul Dhodapkar <[email protected]> wrote: > that was most likely the reason - shorter strings render correctly, I feel > like an absolute idiot now. Thanks so much for all of your help!! The > project is really awesome and much appreciated > > -Rahul Dhodapkar > > > 2012/6/15 Daniel Cassidy <[email protected]> > >> You haven’t even provided the whole DefineEditText tag so I’ve no idea >> really, but are you sure that the text box isn’t just too narrow to contain >> its contents? >> >> There’s no particularly good reason why swfmill should remove two >> characters from the middle of a string, but given the state of some of the >> code I wouldn’t entirely rule out the possibility of a particularly crazy >> bug. >> >> Dan. >> >> >> On 15 June 2012 20:02, Rahul Dhodapkar <[email protected]>wrote: >> >>> I put the dll next to the exe file and everything started working >>> perfectly!! thanks so much for the quick response. >>> >>> now I am trying to change some simple text in the xml file to rebuild >>> into a swf and am getting some strange problems - >>> >>> I am trying to get the swf to display the simple string "Testing the >>> text system" using the following line of swfmillxml >>> >>> <DefineEditText objectID="2" wordWrap="1" multiLine="1" >>> password="0" readOnly="1" autoSize="0" hasLayout="1" notSelectable="1" >>> hasBorder="0" isHTML="1" useOutlines="1" fontRef="1" fontHeight="240" >>> align="0" leftMargin="0" rightMargin="0" indent="0" leading="40" >>> variableName="" initialText="<p align="left"><font >>> face="Times New Roman" size="12" >>> color="#0066cc" letterSpacing="0.000000" >>> kerning="1">Testing the text system</font></p>"> >>> >>> but for some reason, when I run xml2swf the rendering comes out as >>> "Testi the text system." Is there some sort of conservation of characters >>> or something that I am missing? Thanks so much >>> >>> -Rahul Dhodapkar >>> >>> 2012/6/15 Anders Pettersson <[email protected]> >>> >>>> I can confirm that just putting the dll next to the exe will work. It >>>> would however be nice to learn how to create the exe itself, I almost got >>>> there using mingw. >>>> >>>> >>>> On Fri, Jun 15, 2012 at 8:45 PM, Daniel Cassidy < >>>> [email protected]> wrote: >>>> >>>>> Blast. >>>>> >>>>> You should be able to just put it next to swfmill.exe. >>>>> >>>>> However the exe shouldn’t really require that DLL at all. The fact >>>>> that it does is a result of my stupidity. >>>>> >>>>> I should really put out a new build without that requirement but I >>>>> keep putting it off and then forgetting, which is also a result of my >>>>> stupidity. >>>>> >>>>> Dan. >>>>> >>>>> >>>>> On 15 June 2012 19:35, Rahul Dhodapkar <[email protected]>wrote: >>>>> >>>>>> Dear All, >>>>>> >>>>>> I am trying to install the swfmill.exe for windows vista on my >>>>>> computer. I dropped the contents of the download into my program files >>>>>> x86 >>>>>> folder, but when I double click on the .exe I get an error saying >>>>>> "the program can't start because libiconv-2.dll is missing from you >>>>>> computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem." >>>>>> >>>>>> I have downloaded another copy of libiconv-2.dll in an atttempt to >>>>>> satisfy this, but I do not know where to put the file. Has anyone else >>>>>> encountered this problem/has any ideas on how to proceed? >>>>>> >>>>>> Thanks much in advance, >>>>>> Rahul Dhodapkar >>>>>> >>>>>> >>>>>> _______________________________________________ >>>>>> swfmill mailing list >>>>>> [email protected] >>>>>> http://osflash.org/mailman/listinfo/swfmill_osflash.org >>>>>> >>>>>> >>>>> >>>>> _______________________________________________ >>>>> swfmill mailing list >>>>> [email protected] >>>>> http://osflash.org/mailman/listinfo/swfmill_osflash.org >>>>> >>>>> >>>> >>>> _______________________________________________ >>>> swfmill mailing list >>>> [email protected] >>>> http://osflash.org/mailman/listinfo/swfmill_osflash.org >>>> >>>> >>> >>> _______________________________________________ >>> swfmill mailing list >>> [email protected] >>> http://osflash.org/mailman/listinfo/swfmill_osflash.org >>> >>> >> >> _______________________________________________ >> swfmill mailing list >> [email protected] >> http://osflash.org/mailman/listinfo/swfmill_osflash.org >> >> > > _______________________________________________ > swfmill mailing list > [email protected] > http://osflash.org/mailman/listinfo/swfmill_osflash.org > >
_______________________________________________ swfmill mailing list [email protected] http://osflash.org/mailman/listinfo/swfmill_osflash.org
