I can attest to that. I got a mingw build working a while ago after
struggling for several days trying to get the various dependencies aligned.
I never did get the static build to work, though. I ended up having to build
pretty much everything from source and link dynamically.

 

At one point I tried getting it to build with Cygwin since they have solved
the dependency problem, but I couldn't get it to work either L

 

Piers.

 

From: [email protected] [mailto:[email protected]] On
Behalf Of Daniel Cassidy
Sent: Friday, June 15, 2012 12:03 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: [swfmill] SWFmill installation problems

 

It's possible to do it with mingw, but incredibly complicated and time
consuming. I've done it in the past but it was so complicated to document
exactly what to do that I just gave up.

 

Personally I cross-compile from Linux. But either way is fraught with
difficulties. The main annoyance is trying to persuade the various
dependencies to link statically, hence the latest build accidentally
depending on libiconv-2.dll

 

To be perfectly honest, I haven't had the time or inclination to get it
right and reproducible. There haven't exactly been hordes of volunteers
lining up to get the Windows build working correctly either :). (although
there is no part of swfmill that *really* works correctly...)

 

Dan.

 

 

On 15 June 2012 19:53, Anders Pettersson <[email protected]> wrote:

I can confirm that just putting the dll next to the exe will work. It would
however be nice to learn how to create the exe itself, I almost got there
using mingw. 

 

On Fri, Jun 15, 2012 at 8:45 PM, Daniel Cassidy <[email protected]>
wrote:

Blast.

 

You should be able to just put it next to swfmill.exe.

 

However the exe shouldn't really require that DLL at all. The fact that it
does is a result of my stupidity.

 

I should really put out a new build without that requirement but I keep
putting it off and then forgetting, which is also a result of my stupidity.

 

Dan.

 

On 15 June 2012 19:35, Rahul Dhodapkar <[email protected]> wrote:

Dear All,

 

I am trying to install the swfmill.exe for windows vista on my computer.  I
dropped the contents of the download into my program files x86 folder, but
when I double click on the .exe I get an error saying 

"the program can't start because libiconv-2.dll is missing from you
computer.  Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem."

 

I have downloaded another copy of libiconv-2.dll in an atttempt to satisfy
this, but I do not know where to put the file. Has anyone else encountered
this problem/has any ideas on how to proceed?

 

Thanks much in advance,

Rahul Dhodapkar

 


_______________________________________________
swfmill mailing list
[email protected]
http://osflash.org/mailman/listinfo/swfmill_osflash.org

 


_______________________________________________
swfmill mailing list
[email protected]
http://osflash.org/mailman/listinfo/swfmill_osflash.org

 


_______________________________________________
swfmill mailing list
[email protected]
http://osflash.org/mailman/listinfo/swfmill_osflash.org

 

Attachment: smime.p7s
Description: S/MIME cryptographic signature

_______________________________________________
swfmill mailing list
[email protected]
http://osflash.org/mailman/listinfo/swfmill_osflash.org

Reply via email to