well, I'm not crazy to develop a new ultimate spam killer from scratch :)

but those groups don't seem to propose something new either.

I'm just telling that SMTP is not the right protocol for email delivery:

-- why do client-to-server and server-to-server have to be the same protocol
on the same TCP port? These are completely different tasks with different
domains of control, so they have to be two different protocols.

-- there's no obligatory identity check. Well, most ISPs have SMTP
authentication
for users, but on server2server path, there's none.

-- With wide spread of patent-free cryptography algorithms, why aren't the
digital certificates obligatory?

... and so on.

I just say that now it's the only chance to deploy something new, as IPv6
deployment is already something new. There won't be another chance for ditching
some old rusty legacy stuff :)