Jónatas Ferreira escreveu:

Em 2006/05/31, às 01:27, Leandro Guimarães Faria Corcete DUTRA escreveu:

    But to sum it up: besides infringing IBB’s copy rights, if we
put something else than Revisada to fill up PorAA’s omission, we would
create an textual Frankenstein.

I agree, but only in part.

        I guess that will do for now, let’s try to go forward.

I was only trying to help solve a problem that I see no solution for it in the near future. And I'm sure I have enough expertise to do the minor changes we'd need to do (even though I'm not a scholar).

        I guess you mean the missing text?

Anyway, I think we'll not get anywhere with this discussion. JUERP will not answer sooner enough (although I think they will never ask we remove PorAA for the same reason).

There is no such a thing as soon enough in this case. In copy rights, the authors are at their leisure, even if they never answer one can’t do anything against their rights. It is a different situation from trademarks, where one can create a de facto situation.

My work, for now on, is to start asking for permissions for other versions. ARC is a good start.

        What is ARC?  Almeira Revista e Corrigida?

I have a module built and I have a hard copy of it with no copyright statement (SBP's edition).

In the absence of a copy rights statement, the publication date is enough to stabilish the rights of the authors or coordinator.

This means I can read the whole thing in a few months (does anyone want to help?) and make a few comparisons to see if I can really put it as Public Domain (contacting SBP itself). If all of these are correct, I'll make the module available to someone at crosswire, so they can upload it on their website, if they want.

        Sounds good.

Also, if you brazilians want, we can have booth portuguese ARC and brazilian ARC. I can read both, anyway, as well as all the portuguese I know, educated or not. I just like ours better than yours.

I never heard about a Portuguese Revista e Corrigida, but I would be surprised if they were similar (assuming I got the acronym right). Generally our RC is considered less ‘lusitanisante’ than RA.

In the mean while, I'd like to take a look at the AVR module that you created, Leandro. I can't find a working link in the list. This link — http://dutra.fastmail.fm./pt-BR_JFA_Rev2.(osis|ubnd).bz2 — is a dead end. As well as all the others I tried (except for one that didn't had what I wanted...). Can you send me a working link?

I guess you didn’t understand the (osis|ubnd) regexp, it is an alternative. Also, my web provider broke the canonical domain name. So, if you want the OSIS file, you would go for http://dutra.fastmail.fm/pt-BR_JFA_Rev2.osis.bz2. I just checked, assuming no bit rot it should be OK.

--
Leandro G Faria Corcete DUTRA       xmpp:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
+55 (11) 5685 2219             Yahoo!: ymsgr:sendIM?lgcdutra
+55 (11) 9406 7191     ICQ/AIM: aim:GoIM?screenname=61287803
           MSN: msnim:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
begin:vcard
fn;quoted-printable:Leandro Guimar=C3=A3es Faria Corcete DUTRA
n:DUTRA;Leandro
org:Lopes & Borghi Consultores Associados;Recursos Humanos
adr;quoted-printable:;;R Augusta 2709 cj 24;S=C3=A3o Paulo;SP;01.413-100;BR
email;internet:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
title;quoted-printable:Consultor S=C3=AAnior
tel;work:+55 (11) 3061 9290 r28
tel;home:+55 (11) 5685 2219
tel;cell:+55 (11) 9406 7191
x-mozilla-html:FALSE