I was thinking about this, while making a sf1.0 project... and indeed
dispite of how good the new things in 1.2, it really got really complex.In
some ways, to a new commer, use symfony isn't a good idea he doesn't need
only to use MVC and ORM anymore, he needs to learn (and almost master) the
symfony forms to the very first project.

I mean, it's insane in this point of view that sf can't make it easyer to
build a login form (let's ignore the plugin)... Almost against the 'KISS'
principle.

I think symfony is an expert weapon, but it is almost 'no newbies
allowed'...

ps: I hope I made my self clear about it.

--
Sidney G B Ferreira
Desenvolvedor Web