On Fri, 25 Sep 2009, michael.pie...@googlemail.com wrote:

> So maybe the beginner tutorials should start with simple things, like
> handling a hand written html form and then later introduce some
> extended features like sfForms, which makes your life easier.

Actually it does: the definitive guide does not talk about the new forms
framework but uses the old helpers. There is an explanation at the top
mentioning the new forms framework for those that are interested.

Once upon a time, the definitive guide was the *only* symfony book. Maybe
it should be put at the top of the page so its the first thing beginners
will read? I read that book several times when starting out with symfony
and its clear from the questions posted on this list that there are a lot
of people who have never read it even once.