Ondrej Certik wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 30, 2008 at 3:28 PM, mabshoff
> <michael.absh...@mathematik.uni-dortmund.de> wrote:
>

>> On Dec 30, 3:15 pm, Alan Bromborsky <abro...@verizon.net> wrote:
>>
>>> mabshoff wrote:
>>>
>> <SNIP>
>>
>> Hi,

>>> Should I have sent it directly to Ondrej?
>>>
>> Well, Ondrej wrote: "That's quite big --- could you post it somewhere?
>> I'll see if it can be made smaller."
>>
>> I believe what you send wasn't compressed (I never tried, I just
>> deleted the message), but it also seems unneeded since the final
>> documentation should be trivially generated from the ReST text you
>> wrote (unless I am getting something completely wrong) and I doubt
>> that is 4MB compressed ;).
>>

> It's not a good idea to post big attachements to the list, because it
> gets sent to each of us into our mailboxes. Next time, please post it
> somewhere, for example into the files section here:
>
> http://groups.google.com/group/sympy/files
>
> as to the docs itself, it looks great! For example the Dirac equation,
> it looks very interesting. Thanks very much. It seems to me that just
> the .rst/.tex files are needed, so it should be pretty small. If you
> have time, try to make it as a regular patch to the sympy git
> repository. If not, I'll try to do it today or tomorrow.
>
> Ondrej

Now I know and will do it that way.  The question I have is in modifying
documentation
that I would send.  I don't really know rst.  I use a program to convert
latex (using the python
documentation latex styles files) to rst.  I don't know how to go back
to latex in the proper
format.  Thus if someone modifies the .rst file I send I am up the creek
because I don't have
the equivalent modified file in latex.  Also please note that the
conf.py file in the archive is
critical since it contains all the latex math macros required.  I guess
I am just a old latex fogey.
If no one but me generates the documentation for GAsympy and latex_ex
then there is no problem, but
I don't want to limit input that way.