On Mon, Mar 23, 2009 at 6:42 PM, asmeurer <asmeu...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mar 22, 1:00 pm, Ondrej Certik <ond...@certik.cz> wrote
>> Python does, but we have a word in it. It's a good idea to introduce
>> yourself in the python-gsoc list.
> I went ahead and introduced myself there.
>
> I copied what I have above and added some notes to myself on the wiki
> at http://wiki.sympy.org/wiki/GSoC2009_Application_Template/Aaron_Meurer
> .  I hope this is an acceptable namespace.  I wasn't sure. I can move
> it to user space if you like.
>
> There isn't much to it now, but after I edit it some, could you maybe
> look it over a bit.

Thanks, I look at it. Some suggestions ---

try to create more specific timeline, e.g. first week I'll do this,
next 3 weeks I'll do this, I will have this before the midterm, etc.

could you ellaborat a bit more on which exact equations you are going to solve?

Btw, have you looked at the link posted by Robert Kern on this list
recently? What is your opinion about it?

> Also, I had another question.  I had heard mentions that a résumé
> would be needed from other projects, but I haven't seen any explicit
> mention of it on sympy or python's template pages.  Will you or python
> be wanting any kind of formal or informal résumé from me?  I don't

I don't think you need a resume for PSF. Could last GSoC students
clarify this please?

> think I would have anything interesting to put on it, except for the
> relevant classes that I have taken so far, as I have never had any
> kind of computer science related job or internship or anything like
> that.

Ondrej