OK.  I have finished up the first draft of the application (except for
the abstract, which I will do after I have finalized the main parts).
If you all could look at it, that would be great.  Feel free to
annotate right on it.  It is a wiki after all.

Some particular questions about it:
Length.  Is this too short? too long? I have no idea how long a good
application should be.
Sectioning.  The way I have it now, the crux of my application is
under "Summary".  Is this supposed to be somewhere else, with only a
summary under "Summary"?  That wouldn't make any sense, because
"Abstract" is supposed to summarize the application.
Content.  Mainly, how well is this written?  Would you accept me based
on the application as it is now written?
Spelling and grammar. You don't need to do a check for me, but if you
see something blatantly obvious, let me know or go ahead and fix it.

Also, does anyone know: why does python have a section for final
evaluation?  It would seem that they want me to divide my time line
into the period before the midterm evaluation and the period after.
But they also have a section for the final evaluation, which doesn't
make any sense, as all of the coding should be done by then.  Am I
misinterpreting this somehow?

Here is the link to my application on the wiki:
http://wiki.sympy.org/wiki/GSoC2009_Application_Template/Aaron_Meurer