The main ideas list is here:  http://wiki.sympy.org/wiki/GSoC2010Ideas

Basically, SymPy aims to be a full featured computer algebra system written in
Python, so anything that you would expect to go in a computer algebra system
that isn't already implemented, we would like.  We also have a lot of modules
relating to Physics.  The easiest way to see what kinds of things you would
like to implement is to download the source and play around with it, seeing
what sorts of things are not implemented yet, or not implemented well.

What are you studying at KTH, by the way?

Aaron Meurer