Aaron S. Meurer wrote:
What about the algorithms listed at
http://wiki.sympy.org/wiki/GSoC2010Ideas#Detailed_Ideas?  Are they still valid,
or have some of these
been implemented already? Are there other good ones not listed? Also, I am not sure what the prerequisites would be for implementing some of these.
Mateusz, or anybody?

Aaron Meurer
On Jan 27, 2010, at 3:12 PM, Ondrej Certik wrote:

On Wed, Jan 27, 2010 at 1:39 PM, Aaron S. Meurer <asmeu...@gmail.com> wrote:
I would be more interesting to me to learn some cool algorithm and implement
it, though I don't know anything about Quantum Mechanics.  :)

I could also very easily extend my project from last year and spend the summer
implementing ODE solvers.  There are enough methods not implemented to fill
several summers, but I would have to learn them on my own, since I haven't
taken any ODE courses since last Spring and I already implement most of what I
learned there.

But, ideally, I would like to apply what I have learned in Abstract Algebra,
and also it would be better to go this way because most people have not taken
such a course.  Also, abstract algebra is an area of mathematics that I find
particularly interesting, so learning some cool algorithms that apply it would
be the most interesting to me.
So what exactly? Does it have any applications?

I probably am not the one to do it, but I think we should try to get someone to
do the cython core for a project.
Definitely. We should start a wiki and add interesting projects in there.

Ondrej

Suggestion: Reduction of elliptic integrals to standard form (is there something similar for elliptic functions)?