On Wed, Jan 27, 2010 at 4:08 PM, Aaron S. Meurer <asmeu...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I've been thinking about applying again, though I am not sure what the
> project should be.
> Are there any good algorithms that are not implemented that could make a good
> project?  I have had Abstract Algebra and some Real Analysis courses since
> last summer.

For me, I would like to use SymPy for teaching coding theory and/or
cryptography but the lack of finite fields in SymPy is a draw-back.
What is great about SymPy (aside from its obvious mathematical
strengths) is that it is easy to install on windows machines. which is
very important
where I teach. I ended up using Sage installed on a local webserver,
but I thought about using SymPy for awhile.

My 2 cents.