Hi Nikolas!

On Sat, Jan 30, 2010 at 12:00 PM, Nikolas Tezak <nikolas.te...@gmx.de> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> as announced earlier this week I've uploaded my Bra-Ket-Algebra code for
> everyone to check out.
> It's available at:
>
> http://www.physi.uni-heidelberg.de/~ntezak/braket_algebra_demo.tar.bz2
>
> I've included a small demo script to show a simple application. I've written
> some lengthy doc-strings to explain things :)
> As of yet it does not support sympy, but if I'm not mistaken, it should be
> very easy to extend it such that scalar multiplication with sympy
> expressions becomes possible.

I run you example and got a figure (attached). Nice!

So looking at the source code, here is the hamiltonian:

hamilton_operator = sum((ba.Ket(basis_states[i]) *
ba.Bra(basis_states[(i + 1) % len(basis_states)]) for i in
xrange(len(basis_states))))
#make hermitian
hamilton_operator += hamilton_operator.adjoint()

so is it:

H = sum_i  |i><i+1|

? Then you take some initial state and get it evolved?  Then you plot
the value of this observable:

my_observable = ba.KetBra('gggg','gggg') #ground state projector

? If you could say a few words what exactly it is computing, it'd be cool.

We can then make it an example in sympy, once we integrate it with the
code that we already have.

Ondrej