Hi Rhythm,

It is great that you're interested in doing a project in the quantum
module. For the project you mentioned, there is definitely a summers worth
of systems to be implemented, especially if there are systems which would
require some new quantum machinery. To see what I mean by that, note the
difference between physics.hydrogen and physics.quantum.piab, where the
particle in a box wavefunctions utilize some of the tools built into the
quantum module (tho I think more could still be done using Wavefunctions,
as defined in physics.quantum.state). To get enough systems to fill out a
GSoC, you will probably need to have quantum mechanics proficiency at least
at an upper division level, out of a text comparable to Griffiths, but that
mainly comes down to if you can come up with a rough set of systems to
implement and what new tools, if any, you'd need to complete the task.

For fleshing out a project, this email list is probably your best resource
for questions. I could give you some pointers on navigating the quantum
module and help you find the things you should be looking at when drafting
a project, but there are other developers with more experience both with
framing GSoC projects and with the quantum module.

Sean