On Tue, Mar 13, 2012 at 2:12 PM, Rhythm Gupta <rhythm.gupt...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> While going through Ideas List. Some of those ideas caught my attention.And
> a few of them were really encouraging
> and motivational.
>
> The idea of "Implementing All known Analytical Solutions to Quantum
> Mechanical Systems"
> is really interesting because of its diverse use and benefits to the
> community.
>
> This can be used in most of the universities and colleges to help students
> learn "Quantum Mechanics" effectively.
> Freshers and sophomores are generally taught simple Quantum systems like
> 1-D(finite, infinite well,Oscillator), Simple harmonic Oscillator , Dirac
> functions , 3-D oscillator, hydrogen atoms,Rigid rotors and similar
> things.So i think it is good idea and i want to pursue this idea for my GSoC
> project this summer.

As mentioned before, this aspect of the quantum work is currently in
flux with Tomo's pull request that needs to be reviewed and merged.
Also, just a warning: this part of sympy.quantum is incredible subtle
and complex (as Tomo found out!).  You will need to have an extremely
(graduate level) understanding of quantum mechanics and top notch
coding experience.  If you want to do this, you should dig into the
code (including Tomo's pull request) until you know it inside and out
and can see what the next steps are.

> However i would like to get your inputs about the idea?
> Is this project big enough for a whole summer ?

Definitely.

> Is it prioritized among other ideas?

The other topic that is pretty high priority is updating the
secondquant module to use the new sympy.quantum stuff.

Cheers,

Brian
> Whom to contact to discuss more about this topic and submitting a patch
> about it?
>
> Thanks,
> Rhythm Gupta.

Brian E. Granger