Hi Rhythm,

I am the author of the pull request that Stefan mentioned from last
summer's GSoC. I haven't had time because of school to get it merged yet,
but I am determined to get it merged in the next few weeks before the
wheels really start turning for the next GSoC. I'm not sure that working on
that PR is the best placefor you to start with your first sympy work as
there is alot of pretty technical stuff going on.

I would recommend doing what I did when I first started, and what Stefan
suggested as well, which is to go to the issues page (
http://code.google.com/p/sympy/issues/) and pick an issue marked easyToFix
that is related to sympy.physics.quantum.

As for your project idea, I will echo what Sean said. I think it is a great
idea and will probably need to build on alot of the things I did last
summer. As always, this list is indeed your best resource for any questions
you might have about the quantum module or sympy in general.

Best,

Tomo